- This event has passed.
Tapestry of Women Society – 25th Women’s Conference
November 9, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm$60
All Women Welcome!!! This all-day symposium is filled with heartfelt energy, creativity & engagement. Join us at our 25th Anniversary annual event to celebrate women; this years theme, “Reflections: Unity in Diversity.”
The prime purpose of our gatherings is to focus on providing information/education on a variety of women’s issues of importance and relevance to all women in Cochrane and surrounding area. The gatherings strive to provide an avenue where women can come and feel enlightened, reduce stress, and have an opportunity to learn about themselves. Information is presented via keynote speakers, exhibits, and performers. A secondary purpose is to provide a forum where women can connect, share common concerns, build upon existing personal strengths and support one another in their efforts to become the agents of future change for better acceptance of different cultures, health and wellness alternative and experiences. It is through the support of Rocky View County FCSS, Town of Cochrane FCSS, Home Treasures, Cochrane Tourism, local donations, and corporate sponsors that we are able to continue to bring women together for a day of personal enjoyment and empowerment.
November 9th, 2019 Tickets Include:
* Nutritious Breakfast, lunch and breaks included. Doors open 8:00 am.
* Meaningful connections & build community
* Marvelous Vendors, inspirational entertainment, swag bags, prizes & much more.
We are thrilled to feature SPECIAL GUESTS:
* Opening Prayer: Elder Verna Powderface
* Opening Ceremony: Morley Pow Wow Academy ~ AND ~ Thunderstone Drummers
4 INSPIRATIONAL SPEAKERS:
• Pat Verge – One of Tapestry’s founding members and author of “Equals and Partners: A Spiritual Journey Toward Reconciliation and Oneness, Wazin Îchinabi”
• Chantal StormSong Chagnon – “Living a Creative Life”; catalyst, singer, drummer, storyteller
• Michelle Minke – “Expect the Unexpected” inspirational concert Soprano Singer that will have you rock in your seats
• Adele Rabbitt – Reflecting on my Journey as a proud indigenous woman of the Stoney Nakoda Nation; exploring the vast changes between her community and the women of Bow Valley.
Accepting Donations at event for:
* Eagle’s Nest Stoney Family Shelter (accepting donations for: new items only for Christmas Community hampers: pjs, journals, unwrapped toys, personal hygiene products, art supplies etc.
* Chicks for Chicks – accepting donations for gently used jewellery
Early bird price $60 per person + eventbrite processing fees
8 seats per Table
Call 1-844-955-0003 if you wish to purchase tickets with a friend or group
*NEW 2019 Location*
Our Mission is to gather together and support an interwoven network of women in Cochrane, Morley and surrounding area. Our Mandate is reconciliation through building authentic relationships. We are committed to learn about each other in a supportive environment, working together as allies to better ourselves and our communities – with respect for our diversity and care for the environment.